Saturday, June 30, 2007

JUST A THOUGHT...



ZEN IS NOW
by "OBSIDIAN!!!" [Excerp from "Zen is Now" c. 1999]



It's moment's like these
…it's moments like these!
that causes me to wonder
could there ever really have
been a paradise

It's moments like these
coursing through the leaves
that causes me to wonder
could there be a third life
after having died twice

Laughing invincibly
i pass the crack addicts
laying on the streets and
in the alleyways in the lurch

While several lost souls
among them file listlessly
into the backdoor of some
sweaty baptist church

It's moments like these
while in vain on bended
knees i wonder
am i really the
master of my universe?

2 comments:

CareShare Network said...

Love the ending - good work

ObsidianTheMysticTakesNewYork said...

Glad you liked the ending/poem, Careshare. I invite you to check out my alternative blogspot "timesquareshoutout.blogspot.com", for more poetry.
-"Obsidian!!!"